Sunday, June 19, 2016

Cleveland rocks...





I am a Browns fan.

I will wait for your collective sigh.

I know. It actually hurts me to tell people that I am a Browns fan anymore. The last couple of seasons have taken nearly all I have left inside me to give them.

I am as exhausted as anyone else with the never ending carousel of quarterbacks and head coaches. I know as well as any other somewhat knowedgable person that we are never going to have a good team to build on when the quarterback changes every year. Every year some great hope that this will be our year. It won't be.

I still hold a grudge about Brady Quinn. Quinn was our chance, he actually wanted to be there, he had the tools necessary, he just needed the time to improve. But no. No, because we are Cleveland.

Tonight we have a chance. Just a chance. But we will take it.

When Lebron left, it was like a kick in the stomach. I understand why he did it. He had a legacy to create, a family to feed-he could not stay and maintain the hype with a team that couldn't get him there. I understood that in my head. But it hurt. Lebron was ours. We were all witnesses, remember? We finally had a glimmer of hope and he took it away, along with his talents, to Miami.

So, I kind of hated Lebron. Not really. But a little. Because a true Cleveland fan would have understood how much we needed him.

And that is why I was thrilled that when he came back, he seemed to acknowledge that. He could go anywhere and win a championship. He could only come to one place on earth and deliver a championship so cherished.

If they win tonight...it's like I can't even imagine. The pure joy of a championship in Cleveland is beyond what I can actually picture in my mind.

If they lose, we will love them still. They fought a good fight against a team having a golden season.

Bu we will love them either way.

"We are all witnesses. Cleveland rocks."

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete