Monday, April 4, 2016

What I'm reading now...

I am in the mood to not blog about grief or loneliness or sadness or anything of that nature.

So, I was thinking, what would make a good Monday blog?(It is so my intention to blog every day. Or at least more than once a week. But usually my best intentions lead me to my tired self saying, oh well, tomorrow, at 11 at night.)

I love blogs that have a theme for every day. I wish I could figure out a theme for mine, but unfortunately at the moment, my blog is too much for my healing process to be able to undertake such a massive endeavor. I need to know that I can blog about my divorce and my grief and my healing and my whatever whenever I need to at this point. I can't schedule it on a calendar like cool bloggers do.

That being said, I am in the mood for something different today. Something more uplifting.

Something that quite possibly no one in the whole world cares about except me.

So, on this Mondayest of Mondays, I'm going to blog about what I'm reading.

Exciting, no?

And possibly, writing it down will push me into a place where I am reading quite like I used to, once upon a time, before the whole world seemed to need to sit on my shoulders.

What I'm Reading Now:

Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
Founding Mothers by Cokie Roberts
Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
Ribsy by Beverly Cleary (with, of course, my favorite girls)

I'm trying to figure out some magical way to read fiction, non-fiction, poetry, many blogs, and throw in some childhood favorites-it's a tall order that will require some serious time management. And Betsy and I need to get back to Harry Potter, which we are kind of in the middle of book four, I believe. This year has gotten us all off schedule and out of whack and I'm only just beginning to get organized enough to reclaim some normalcy from this ever changing year.

So, perhaps only for this one Monday, but hopefully for more to come, this will be Monday's theme. What I'm reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment