Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Inventory...


How to parent by myself.

How to keep a schedule that seems anywhere near the same as the old one.

How to straighten my hair.

How to wear a belt properly.

How to unclog a drain.

How to catch a mouse.

How to drive in snow.

How to drive in ice.

How to smile at people I don't know.

How to look into people's eyes when they are speaking.

How to add pictures to my blog.

How to prioritize my books.

How to write a resume.

How to write a cover letter.

How to concentrate on today.

On this minute.

On this second.

How to lift properly.

How to keep my eyes on my own yoga mat.

How to make appointments. On the phone.

How to be alone.

How to sleep alone.

How to maintain a relationship that it would be easier to give up on.

How to make peace with a past you cannot change.

How to live with a future that seems undefined.

How to unmoor from all that you know to be who you are.

How to be.

How to feel joy again.

How to feel again.

How to feel at peace with your decisions.

How to forgive.

Really, truly forgive.

How to move forward.

How to let memories find a place to live.

How to remember that you are the only one who remembers.

"If I'm the only person who remembers, did it ever really happen?"

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to the last one...that was my biggest reason I wanted to get married. I felt so lonely when I couldn't share a moment I loved. I hope you have many close friends to share those moments. :) I love that we can now post things on Facebook the moment they happen too...then I feel connected if I don't have anyone close by.

    ReplyDelete