Friday, August 2, 2019

Vacation All I Ever Wanted...



Goodness. It’s been a couple of weeks because vacation, and then recovering from vacation. But it’s Friday, and I’m listening to my Friday playlist which makes me nothing but happy, and I’m anticipating my girls coming home tomorrow, and so all is just about right with the world.

On this vacation we ziplined through the Smoky Mountains, white water rafted, and indoor sky dived. We learned about Civil War history and Martin Luther King Jr. and my dear Margaret Mitchell. All of it the most fun. Sharing all of these with my girls is just such a blast. I am forever grateful to my parents and my sister and her family for allowing us to tag along.


I love being brave on vacation. I love that April seeks out such cool adventures and I love testing my limits.




Betsy and Mallory were my babies once upon a time. There were days I wanted to cry as my arms ached from holding one on each arm. I am so grateful that I was allowed that time with them, even as tired as I remember it made me, keeping two babies every day who were close enough in age to be twins. The reward is their close friendship with each other, of course, and also their close relationship with me. So, so blessed.





I’m sure that to many people the idea of driving around in a 15 passenger van with your entire family does not exactly sound like a relaxing vacation, but to me, I love us all being together. I love not being the only adult-something I completely took for granted in my prior life. I love that I just go where April tells me and Jeremy drives me and I love to a really ridiculous degree that we are all cramped together. They are my people and they know me at my absolute worst and they love me anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment